SPRING 2018 ICORE
We will break from our normal icore routine and try an expedited system this spring. If you wish to use our services for icore, you DO NOT need to pre-register and you DO NOT need an appointment. You will simply submit your file for printing and binding when you finish your case.
We will be open from 9am until 11pm on Wednesday, April 18th. We will re-open at 8am on Wednesday morning.
We will print your entire case (main case and four subcases) and bind all five books for a fixed price of $90. If you need to make any changes to any of the books the charges will be as follows:
Reprint an ENTIRE SUBCASE and bind: $10
Reprint the ENTIRE MAIN CASE and bind: $30 (you may do this as many times as needed)
Partial Reprints, where needed:
Print up to 5 pages and rebind a book: $8
Print over 5 pages from a single book and rebind: $8 plus $1/page over 5.
You will receive instructions on how to name and submit correction files when you pick up your case.
We print on 70# text weight stock. Sorry, we only print single-sided for icore using this plan. If you want to print two-sided, you’ll have to process your order as a commercial job. See the note at the bottom of this page if you want to print two-sided. Once you submit your file we will print the entire file, bind it, and reply to your email when the case is ready.
Teams will submit their case electronically via email or dropbox (email us for the dropbox link – see instructions below). Your bound case will be ready two hours after you submit it. If you submit after 9pm on Wednesday evening it will be ready on Thursday morning.
There are no deadlines for printing icore cases. We understand how important it is for you to get your case turned in on time and we will do our part. Just follow our guidelines on preparing your files and everything will go smoothly. Any case submitted after 11pm on Wednesday night will be ready for pickup at 8:30am on Thursday morning. If you submit after 11pm on Wednesday, do not wait to hear from us and simply come pick up your books on Thursday morning.
To qualify for this pricing, you must follow our procedures in submitting your files, picking up your order, and submitting corrections, if needed.
FIRST, you need to understand this is an entirely remote procedure. You will submit your files via email. When your case is ready, you will send one person down to pick up your case and pay. Your team will not be working here and will not be reviewing the case here.
PAYMENT must be made in a single transaction in CASH ($96.30 for your full printing) or using a single credit card. We will not split the purchase to multiple cards.
We highly recommend you print a b/w proof copy at the library using your IU print credits. Most teams that do this notice errors in their case and are able to correct they before they pay us to print the case.
Design your document with adequate borders for binding (1/2” on the binding edge minimum). Printers do not go to the edge of the sheet, so don’t use design elements that go to the edge. Keep all printed items at least ¼” away from the non-binding edge). You may use as much ink as you want. Graphics should be 300 dpi. Be very careful about downloading images from web pages – they tend to be low resolution and not print well. You can print a test page at IU to find out if you have a good image or not.
READY TO PRINT?
When you are ready to print you may email your files (up to 3 megs per file) OR you may use our FTP site (see instructions below) to upload your files. FTP is faster! Just follow these steps when you are ready to upload:
1) Verify someone has gone thru the PDF to check all the pages. Name your cases with your team number in the filename (example: “TEAM 142 MARKETING.PDF”). If you send your case without a team number in the name it will not be processed.
2) Print a b/w test copy at IU, if possible. You may save time and money doing this.
3) Submit your files via email (up to 3 megs per file) or FTP for larger files. You cannot make changes once your file has been submitted. We often enter files in the print queue within a minute of receiving them. Once in the queue, they cannot be stopped or cancelled. Be sure you have finished your review before you submit your case!
4) Two hours after you submit your case, send one person to our store to pay the bill and pick up your case. Your team does not come to the store and we do not allow teams to meet here. Our lobby is closed during icore.
5) Once your team member picks up the case and returns to your work site, if you determine corrections are needed, there will be instructions on how to order corrections included in your file.
FTP – This is the fastest way to get your case to us and we recommend using this method. To get our FTP address, send an email to email@example.com. You’ll get an automated reply with our dropbox link. Just click the link and drop your files in our folder. Then reply to the email with your TEAM NUMBER in the subject line so we know you have submitted files and so that we have a way to reach you.
Thanks, and good luck with icore. We have very light printing loads during spring icore, so you do not need to worry about our print capacity. We will have plenty of time to get every case printed, even if it rolls into Thursday morning.
////THIS ENDS THE STANDARD ICORE SECTION. IF YOU ARE PRINTING SINGLE-SIDED YOU MAY STOP HERE. THE INFORMATION BELOW IS FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO PRINT TWO-SIDED – THEY WILL NOT BE COVERED BY OUR STANDARD ICORE PRICING AND WILL PAY BASED ON THE NUMBER OF PAGES PRINTED.
Two-sided printing information. As noted above, our package plan only prints single-sided prints for icore. For those teams that absolutely want to print two-sided, please follow the procedures below:
1) Prepare your file and print a test copy at IU in black-and-white. Print it two-sided. Make sure you look at what is on the front of a page and what is on the back of the page. Preparing two-sided documents requires a lot more planning than what is needed for single-sided printing. Here’s your first test. Look at page one of your file. That is the front cover. Look at page two of your file. That is the back of the cover. Look at page 3. That is the front of the first inside page. Page four will be on the back of that. You have to plan all that out and put in blanks, if needed, to move pages around.
2) Once you are sure you have your files ready to print and formatted for two-sided printing, bring your FIVE PDFs to our shop. They MUST be on a flash drive. They must be PDF files. We will print the files for you and you may request to pick them up loose or bound. You are not using our icore plan and you are simply paying per page like you would at any other shop.
3) Please note that your team WILL NOT be working in our shop. Do not bring your group here as we do not process group orders. One person is all that is needed to print the files. They may pay for the prints and return to your location where your entire team may look them over.
4) Do understand you are at risk for errors in your layout of the file for duplexing. We would estimate about 60% of two-sided print jobs have to be done a second time because the client did not plan out matching FRONTS ßà BACKS correctly. It is also much harder to patch such jobs as a change in the front of the book often means the entire book has to be re-done.
5) If you are okay with these conditions, we’re happy to print your case for you as a commercial job. You simply save the files on a flash drive and send someone down. We’ll print them out and they will be back in no time with the prints (a bit longer if you want us to go ahead and bind them).
6) Just be aware you are not following the icore plan at the top of this document. You will not follow the same pricing structure. You will not follow the ftp workflow – instead, you’ll come in person so that we can look at your files with you to make sure we’re all on the same page.
7) Cost: $.50 per side in color on 70# stock (based on an order of 50+pages). Binding $5.25 per book. Reprints: $1.00 per side. Rebinds: $2.50/book.